Shred Collection Containers: How to Choose the Right Ones for Your Business
Grammarist describes the statement, “one size fits all” as an idiom, “something that will not be an exact fit and is not tailored for every circumstance, but it will suffice.” In other words, one size fits no one.
Shred Collection Containers – What about Them?
A reputable shredding company will supply you with secure, locked shred collection containers so your sensitive documents can be discarded and securely stored until they are taken away to be shredded. Having a “shred everything” policy and convenient collection containers keeps information secure and allows them to be recycled—and you can skip the unsecure, blue recycling bin entirely!
While shred collection containers all have the same purpose, there isn’t a one-size-fits-all program and product that suits every office. Here are some things to consider to help you choose the right shred collection container for your business:
Shred Collection Containers – Choices
- How Much. The amount of paper you expect to shred is a good starting point to determine the bin size you will need. The bins are measured by how much weight they can handle. A 100-pound capacity container will hold about 20 reams’ worth of discarded paper.
- How Often. Knowing how much paper your business will discard in a given time period helps decide the frequency you will need your bins to be replaced. The bins have a maximum capacity and will need to be switched out before they reach that level. If you don’t discard a large number of documents, or the containers won’t be filled consistently, you may still wish to have them serviced on a regular basis to avoid the documents from sitting too long before shredding them.
- How Big. The size of your facility and the number of staff that generate documents to be shredded will determine how many containers are needed. If you have a lot of floor space, it is wiser to place more bins, rather than less, and position them in convenient areas so staff find it easy to dispose of all unwanted documents.
- How Secure. Shred container bins are designed so that documents can be easily deposited and are locked so that unauthorized individuals can’t access them. Keeping the location of the container out of sight of visitors and clients is also a good idea.
- How Visible. Your business may be designed so that staff work in one area and clients visit another. This will determine the style of bins you request. A standard industrial-type bin can be placed in staff-only areas, but if a collection container is needed in a client area, you may wish to use a more aesthetically-pleasing executive console style.
Shred collection containers should fit your business needs just as much as your shredding service and schedule.
Wiggins Shredding provides secure shredding services to the businesses and residents of Pennsylvania and tri-state New Jersey, Maryland, and Delaware. We offer several styles of shred collection containers so you can choose what works best for you. For more information or a quote, just give us a call at 610-692-TEAR(8327) or complete the form on this page. We look forward to talking with you!