Inside a Professional Shredding Service
Call Us Today For Your Shredding Estimate
Out of Sight, Out of Mind
Have you ever considered how the things you depend on get from point A to point B? At the airport, how does your luggage get from the curb drop off to your destination airport? How does the letter you tossed into a mailbox arrive at your friend’s home on the other side of the country or the world?
Have you considered how your discarded documents make it from your desk through the recycling process without the information being seen and stolen? The fact is, without a professional, secure shredding service, your information is out there for anyone to steal.
Wondering why a shredding service is considered more secure than other options? Knowing what goes on inside a reputable, professional shredding service should make it all clear.
An on-site, mobile shredding service comes to you and does all your shredding at your premises so nothing leaves without being destroyed first. Here’s what that looks like:
- The shredding truck itself features state-of-the-art, industrial-strength shredders and are driven to commercial or residential locations to collect discarded documents for routine, scheduled shredding or one-time purge shredding.
- Your documents are collected in a large, wheeled shredding bin and immediately shredded on-site in the truck. If you are a routine shredding customer, your documents await shredding in locked collection containers conveniently placed throughout your facility.
- You decide you would like to witness the shredding process, and the shredding technician invites you to watch on a live video feed.
- You request a Certificate of Destruction upon completion of your shredding project.
- Your shredded material is taken back to a secure facility, mixed with shredded paper from other customers, baled, and sent to a paper recycling plant to be pulped and made into new paper products.
- The whole process is managed by experienced, trained, background-screened staff within an unbroken chain of custody.
For those with small shredding projects, your shredding partner may offer secure drop-off shredding locations where you can take your documents to be collected to be shredded later. If the drop-off shredding service is conducted properly, the chain of custody for your information will remain unbroken.
Hard Drive Destruction
Hard drive destruction for businesses can be completed in the same on-site mobile shredding truck, and is just as easy as shredding documents. The Certificate of Destruction will include a list of the electronic devices destroyed for your records.
If you have personal hard drives or electronic media to destroy, consider using a drop-off shredding service or a shredding event run by a reputable, locally-owned shredding company. These options offer the optimal combination of security, value, and convenience for residential customers.
Wiggins Shredding has been serving business and residential customers in Pennsylvania and tri-state New Jersey, Maryland, and Delaware for over 50 years. We offer secure, on-site mobile shredding services, several drop-off shredding locations, and our “Tear Fest” shredding events. Just call us at 610-692-TEAR(8327) or complete the form on this page and let us know how we can help you.