How to Choose a Local Shredding Company in Tri-State MD, DE and NJ
The Local Community
We’re constantly encouraged to use local businesses. Is it really valuable to do that? Or do you feel, being a local business, it’s just a plea to draw customers? The truth is, it is hugely beneficial. Here’s why.
- It strengthens your local economy. Statistics say that for every dollar you spend locally, three times more money is returned into the local economy. It goes directly back into the community where you live and work.
- It supports local businesses that support local programs. Many small local businesses give back to the community by donating and backing independent groups and not-for-profit organizations who invest in your community.
- It creates more jobs. When local businesses grow, they need employees. Those employees just may be your family, friends or neighbors.
- It reduces environmental impact. Less transportation. Less land consumed. Less traffic. All these things impact you, your children and ultimately your grandchildren and create a better place to live and work.
- It builds trusting relationships and collaboration. Doing business with neighbors and community members creates relationships and trust. Great relationships are the foundation of your community.
The Right Shredding Company
When you choose local, half of the decision of finding a shredding company in the tri-state area of Maryland, Delaware and New Jersey is already made. To help you narrow it down further, consider these important elements.
- Are they compliant with privacy laws? When you allow a third-party business to handle your sensitive information, you are handing them a great deal of responsibility. Can you trust them to closely follow laws outlined in the FAIR and Accurate Credit Transactions Act (FACTA) protecting the safe disposal of your information, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) that protects health information, the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLB) that is focused on the security of financial institutions, the Economic Espionage Act (EEA), the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) or state legislations? Non-compliance is far too risky.
- Do they offer the shredding services you need? Will they serve commercial as well as residential needs? Is there opportunity to do a one-time purge of documents or can you select scheduled shredding services?
- Can they securely destroy electronics? Somewhere along the way you will need to replace your electronics and you’ll need to safely and securely dispose of the old ones. Are they a one-stop shop for all your destruction needs?
- Do they recycle? It’s your community and home and you want to do everything to do your part to help preserve the environment. One way to do that is to make sure the shredding company you choose recycles 100% of the paper they shred. Who doesn’t want to save trees and keep waste out of the local landfill?
When you build and invest in your local community, it becomes a greater place to live and work.
Wiggins Shredding offers solutions for all your shredding needs, whether for your home or business. When you work with us, you not only get 50 years of local experience, you also help to build your community. If you have questions or want to book service, we’re just a phone call away at 610-692-TEAR(8327), or if you prefer, complete the form on this page. We look forward to hearing from you!